Thursday 16 March 2017

Your Answer 17th Mar 2017


How about Earning /Share , ROE , OCF for Air Asia shares.?


Hi there, 

If you would like to have a quite glance on those important ratios, you may refer to MalaysiaBiz. But of course, the best source will be their official annual report (but some ratios, you might need additional effort to tabulate it). 

People normally perform Time Series Analysis and Cross Sectional Analysis by using those ratios. However, since AirAsia is the only airline share listed in Bursa (as far as I know), thus, I doubt that we able to perform any Cross Sectional Analysis. We can only perform Time Series Analysis. Since AR 2016 yet to release, I will compare those ratios for 2015 with 2014.


Ratios
AR 2015
AR 2014
Changes
EPS (diluted)
19.4 sen
3.0 sen
+546.67%
ROE
12.16%
1.82%
+568.13%
OCF
RM 2,203,938,000
RM 302,031,000
+629.71%
Operating Margin
33.62%
5.40%
+522.59%

I believe the OCF that you mentioned is referring to Operating Cash Flow. However, when talk about operating cash flow, people will look at the Operating Margin rather than Operating Cash Flow itself, because Opearting Margin apart from telling you that whether the company is earning from their main operating or not, it also tells you whether how much the portion of the revenue it generated is contributed by operating earning. If you would like to find out more about Operating Margin, read here.  

So back to the Ratios above, in fact you can see that all those ratios have increased significantly from year 2014 to 2015. However, please bear in mind, AirAsia is a big group where its financial statement is contributed by many subsidaries, thus, do not justify whether the company is a potential stock or not by solely looking at those ratios. You will hardly see the true potential, or sometimes seeing a fake potential.

Last but not least, just some sharing about what direction I am coming from for my stock analysis blog. So that, the stock investors that reading my blog know how it actually benefits you. From my blog you hardly see any figures because I am just sharing the potential of a stock via sentiment, rather than fundmental analysis or technical analysis which many people is doing. Sentiment is more like how people react to a particular share when the official business news are released. However, some news are not directly related or publish by the company itself, people tends to overlook the influence of these news. Thus, my blog actually compile most of the news that I come across, so that you can see how does these news affecting the moving of the share of a particular company. 

Normally for me, after sentiment analysis, only I will go into fundamental analysis to further firm my buying or selling decision of that company. And through technical analysis, I justify when to buy and sell to maximize my gain.

Hope these info does helps you!  See you around, Mr. Unknown (virtually :) )

  

No comments:

Post a Comment